In the heart and capital city of South Korea, Seoul, a public propaganda of good news has been given to its citizens and nationalities living in the country, as the nation reports its lowest daily virus accumulated tally in the duration of a month to be exact. With this on hand, easing of tight social distancing rules are vividly evident in the greater sections and parts of the Seoul area and city.
According to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, they released an updated and relevant health bulletin last Monday, during the duration of writing this article that the 109 newly added cases for the past 24 hours, directly contributed to the nation’s total of 22, 285 cases with 363 deaths as a specific total.
As a track on South Korea’s daily COVID-19 cases, it is remarkably the 12th consecutive day for the country to make a giant leap as it maintains its stint in the 100s. The new addition of 109 cases are marked as the lowest daily accumulated tally in comparison to mid-August, in the nation’s setting in totality.
The Korean National Government on Sunday, during the duration of writing this article, has decided with conviction, to provide optimum relaxation to the physical and social distancing guidelines specifically in the Metropolitan Area of Seoul. This government-led initiative has cited a contributory downward trend in terms of newly recorded infections on a daily basis, as well as on the worries that transpire and concern the public livelihood sector of the nation.
Moreover, the new physical and social distancing rules that formally took place in its national implementation on Monday for two-weeks provides the following points to remember for the benefit of all South Koreans as follows:
1. Bakeries and Franchise Cafes in South Korea are already permitted to have their respective customers eat and drink inside their premises.
2. Indoor Gyms and After-School Academic Centers are already permitted to re-open as an authority is already given to them by the national government.
3. The government’s promulgated ban on dining inside restaurants after 9 p.m. was also lifted respectively.
The abovementioned facilities in South Korea are still given the imposition and requirement of imposing the necessary social and physical distancing rules which includes for their visitors to sit at least one seat apart as a partition from each other, as well as on the strict observance of wearing face masks.
As delved closely in the previous news articles both in publication and in television, it is notable to remember that South Korea was once enveloped with fear, anxiety, worry and confusion due to the global coronavirus pandemic and outbreak, which resulted to a lot of detrimental effects to the nation such as follows:
1. The retrenchment scenarios and loss of jobs on the part of South Koreans in their respective companies and workplaces,
2. The immediate shift and scheme of work from home arrangements to some if not all South Korean professionals underwent personally and individually.
3. The greater effect of the pandemic to the economy of South Korea which resulted in some businesses in the nation to close and firms that were forced to file for bankruptcy.
4. The airline industry of the country is greatly affected as minimal to zero flights were restricted both to depart from the country and to descent for arrival in the country as well.
5. The tourism industry underwent a dreadful turmoil as well for the fact that less tourists, foreigners and visitors visited South Korea due to travel restrictions, and the highly restricted public endeavors of individuals living and visiting the country, which resulted in the less to none chances of going out and traveling even within the country.
6. The conducts of classes were suspended so as to prevent the further transmission of the virus in three varied scenarios which are between one pupil from the other, between one student from the other and between teachers to the other.
With these detrimental effects of the virus’ prevalence in the country, staying at home was an essential option during these times for the South Koreans to follow and abide strictly. The national government of Korea continued with their joint initiatives of battling and combating the invisible enemy through the methodologies of disinfection in public areas, provision of sanitation and washing areas in public places, temperature check through thermal scanners, constant reminders of social and physical distancing observance all over the country, and most essentially, the prohibition of South Koreans to be involved in large gatherings that greatly contributes to the speedy and inevitabl;e transmission of the dreadful virus.
With the easing of the Korean national government with its restrictions, as a response to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, it is expected that every individual living in the nation, will abide consistently and with utmost discipline to the given eased rules, for the betterment of every South Korean as a whole.